“Want to increase the water and nutrient holding capacity of soils and growing media and improve their structure and performance, increase the plant's root development and plant growth and reduce the need for watering up to 50%? Well, this website offers a range of soil conditioners to answer those needs and more.”
|Our site is filled with information for professionals involved in the design, construction or maintenance of landscapes and sports turf, for growers, and for home gardening enthusiasts alike.|
Click on the image
to view the digital brochure...
The TerraCottem soil conditioning technology is defined as an effective soil conditioner consisting of a proprietary mixture each of more than twenty components from different groups all assisting the plant growth processes in a synergetic way, more effectively than any single polymer or fertilizer product, to significantly increase the capability of soils and growing media to retain and provide water and nutrients, to improve plant and root growth, and to reduce the amount of water necessary to create high-quality plants and turf.
- The growth precursors play a very important role in the initial growth phase of the plant. They activate root cell elongation and differentiation, promote leaf development and biomass production and encourage roots to grow in depth even in conditions of drought.
- TerraCottem’s crosslinked hydroabsorbent polymers of acrylamide and acrylic acid, partially neutralized by potassium and ammonia salts, absorb and store water at root level that is normally lost to evaporation and leaching, optimising water resources and reducing the volume and frequency of necessary irrigation up to 50%. The stored water is then kept at the disposal of the plant that accesses this water on demand through their root hairs, keeping the water in the root zone for a longer period of time.
- The specially selected fertilizers provide balanced nutrition to the plants based upon macro and microelements.
- TerraCottem’s carrier materials are selected for their chemo-physical properties (CEC, WRC, etc.) and their characteristics to allow homogeneous distribution of all components.
The original TerraCottem soil conditioning technology is now being commercialised as TerraCottem Universal. AgroCottem, the complementary product for applications in flower beds and horticulture, has been improved and renamed as TerraCottem Complement. The new TerraCottem Turf has been designed to achieve a healthy sward of high quality with a wide range of benefits.
The TerraCottem soil conditioning technology is aimed at helping you create successful gardens, parks, reforestation projects, golf courses, football pitches, vegetable gardens, etc. while allowing you to reduce the amounts of inputs (water, fertilizer, labour) necessary to maintain plants in optimal conditions.
|1. TerraCottem works at root level. It has to be mixed with the soil.|| 2. TerraCottem is activated by watering the plant.
The polymers absorb the water
3. The growth precursors encourage root hair growth.
More Growth, Less Water
TerraCottem, Leading soil conditioning technology.